Saturday, July 4, 2009

HAPPY 4th of JULY!

(So much for not posting again until I'm back in the USA...)

Although I've missed many holidays this year, none have made me miss United States of America more (I've obviously missed family and friends much earlier in the trip)! And so close to the end of my trip- I can't wait to come home!

How does one Celebrate the 4th in Beijing, China?

I started my day on the computer as I have the last couple days. After my rounds of social networking, it was off to do the most American thing I could think of- go to the BEACH!


Granted, this was a fake beach, but it had sand- that's all that mattered to me. After splashing around in the water a little and laying in the sun, I retreated by to the hostel to shower and plan my evening.

Lacking the energy or desire to find some other US Expats who would most-likely be celebrating in a bar, I decided to do the two most American things I could; go to Starbucks and read some F. Scott Fitzgerald (McDonald's was a close second on location). A rather relaxing fourth... strange not smelling barbecue or shooting off fireworks, but oh well- ONLY 24 DAYS LEFT IN CHINA (Mom and Dad arrive in 3)!!!

Thanks for reading and HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Brad,
The anticipation you feel on this the most American of days is palpating. I'm sure your extended family is at the lake enjoying what the lake has to offer and each other. Soon you will be back in the fold. Mom and Dad in 3 days !!!!!!!! How can you stand it?
Robin (Andrew's Mom)

cari said...

America told me she misses you too! The fake beach is kinda cool though, and F. Scott Fitzgerald? which book?
Miss you bunches already!
cari