Monday, November 24, 2008

Not a lot to report...

It was a pretty calm week. Nothing very big to report. In addition, I came to the realization that I am not nearly as much as a tourist anymore. For instance, I visited probably the largest shopping area in Xi'an that is not a mall (if you catch my drift... market style), and I didn't even have the heart to take out my camera. I'll try and be better in the future for my friends and family back home, but it's not seeming as "wild and crazy" after 3 months; it feels much more normal now.

It's Getting COLD!

As far as big updates go, it has began to cool off here in Xi'an. We've had a couple days below freezing, but since we are a desert city, no snow yet. I hear it's pretty common to have snow here in Xi'an and I think it stays for awhile.

Just in time for the cold weather, my students made me a scarf!! They are making scarfs to raise money for a nearby orphanage. It's a really nice scarf and I love wearing it around! I also made my largest purchase in Xi'an since my washing machine- I bought a classy (or at least I think so) coat! This was a big deal for me for me, as many of you know, because I have a very difficult time buying clothing. It took several baby steps: first I bought some of those cool fingerless gloves/mittens, then a beanie and finally the coat. Anyways- like I said, not a lot going on here in Xi'an...

But, this week: Thanksgiving! Don't worry, I have plans and I will be eating an authentic Thanksgiving dinner with friends here in Xi'an (even though we don't get a day off!). And, even bigger news:
T.J. IS ARRIVING IN 7 DAYS!!!!!

Stay posted for more exciting updates- Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice coat. Good choice. Glad to hear that you are doing well!!! And good thing that you got the fingerless gloves--then you won't mumble when you sign :)

Jill said...

Very class coat, HBF.

Unknown said...

nice googles...

Anonymous said...

You look like a mix between Jim and Dwight from the office. Just kidding. Kind of.

Hope you ae doing well and had a great Thanksgiving. Jake and I were just talking about you the other day. Come back soon.