Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer time and the living is... 'easy'

Although class with students ended last Friday, this week on Wednesday marked my official last day of school. On Monday and Tuesday, all the teachers of the school worked extra hard to pack everything into boxes so that it could be moved to the new school. As soon as that was finished, we had to finish completing our curriculum maps for the year. The thought of being finished early was enough motivation to get all our responsibilities done Wednesday instead of Friday!

It was a good thing too because in my "free" time, I've been packing my own apartment, planning for T.Matt's arrival in Beijing and trying to savor every last China experience.

The Cut

The only real "big news" from this week (and for some, it is big news) was my hair cut! For the last week or so, I've been waking up with my pillow and hair being wet from sweat. If that's not an indication to get a haircut, I don't know what is! This Thursday, Ty, Cari, Joy, Faith and I had a hair-cutting PARTY!

We went to a salon and I received the nicest hair treatment of my life! It started with a shampoo/massage, followed by a great haircut from a guy who really knew what he was doing, then back the the shampoo/longer massage, then back to get my hair dried/styled. It was awesome (and all for under $6.00)! Here are the results:

BeforeAfter


Next Month

To my loyal followers, I'm not sure how much I will be blogging over the next month. Things are going to be crazy to say the least! Here's a peak of my extremely tentative schedule:

JUNE
SUN
MON
TUES
WED
THURS
FRI
SAT
14151617: School
Ended!
18:
(Today)
19: I Leave
For Beijing
20: T.Matt
Arrives
21: In
Beijing
22: In
Beijing
23: In
Beijing!
24: In
Beijing
25: In
Xi'an
26: In
Xi'an
27: In
?
28: In
?
29: In
?
30: In
Hong Kong
JULY 1: In
Shanghai
2: T.Matt
Leaves :(
3: In
Beijing
4: In
Beijing
5: In
Beijing
6: In
Beijing
7: In
Beijing
8: Parents
Arrive!
9: In
Beijing
10: In
Beijing
11: In
Beijing!
12: In
Beijing!
13: In
Beijing!
14: In
Xi'an
15: In
Xi'an
16: In
Xi'an
17: In
Xi'an
18: In
Xi'an
19: In
Xi'an
20: In
Xi'an
21: In
Shanghai
22: In
Shanghai
23: In
Shanghai
24: In
Shanghai
25: In
Shanghai
26: In
Shanghai
27: In
Shanghai
28: In
Hong Kong
29: Leave
for USA!
3031AUGUST
1


Countdown...?

The list has grown short- my time in China is almost over!

I leave for Beijing: 22 Hours
T.Matt's Arrival in Beijing: 40 Hours

T.Matt and me meeting for our last visit together- Boston! (Winter of 2007)

Parents Arrival in China: 19 Days... wait, WHAT?! When did that happen!!! Can't wait to see you two!
My Return Flight to USA: 38 Days

A whole year- wow! To all my readers who have been following my adventures- I can't thank you enough. It means a lot to know that people actually read this!

Thanks again for reading and my next post might be from USA!

6 comments:

Robin Clark said...

Brad,
It has been fabulous reading your blog for a whole year now. You are a very talented writer and every story kept my interest. Have safe travels for the next month and a half and I'll look forward to a lively party when you return. You know your family will host one I'm sure. Oh boy...another player for Wednesday night poker......
Robin
(Andrew's mom)

Brad said...

Enjoy the friendly weekly poker tournaments now because when I get back- it's going to get a whole lot more competitive. I'll be jobless and not afraid to take money from the family!

Thanks for reading Robin!

Jill said...

Brad, Cograts on making it!!! I mean, I knew you would, but it's an amazing accomplishment!

Cari said...

the haircut party was awesome!!! have fun in beijing. see you in a few days!

alliehallmarr said...

I will miss reading of your adventures! I can't believe you've already been there for a whole year, doesn't it just seem like yesterday that we were all eating at the Tides? How excited are you to head home and be with your family? How exciting!

Sunny Days said...

Hey Brad! It's been great getting a good laugh from your stories from time to time - amazing how time flies! Enjoy the "final hours" and give a thought or two to keeping the blog up wherever life leads you next ... I have a feeling it will be no less exciting!